Executive Director: BAcc
Executive Director British Argentine Chamber of Commerce
4/ 5 days a week
Salary £ 35-40,000 depending on experience
The British Argentine Chamber of Commerce (BACC) wish to find a suitably qualified Executive Director to work at the Chamber. The BACC is a bilateral Chamber with an office in Central London.
Help develop, implement, and lead the Chamber’s programmes by providing a range of services to the Chamber members.
Reporting to the Chairman of the Chamber and its Board of Directors.
- To continue the expansion of the Chamber with the support of the Chairman and the Board of Directors.
- To maintain a strong relationship with the Argentine Embassy, the Foreign Office, the Department of International Trade and the British Embassy and Chamber in Buenos Aires.
- To propose suitable programmes and initiatives in line with the requirements of the members. This includes organising Events and Trade Missions.
- To identify suitable potential Members and Sponsors and demonstrate BACC’s added value for them.
- To maintain and increase the Sponsor and Membership base.
- To create and maintain a database of existing and potential Members and to update this continuously.
- To review, enhance and maintain the Chamber’s website.
- To review and improve the Chamber newsletter and increase the value and interests of the readership.
- To regularly promote BACC activities and events on Social Media: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- To interact with other Chambers of Commerce, export organisations and seek assistance wherever possible.
- To respond to general enquiries.
- To deal with the day-to-day running of the office.
- To comply with any further objectives determined by the BACC Board.
The right to work in the UK
Educated to Degree level
Proven sponsorship raising and membership recruiting skills
Experience of UK and Latin American business methods
Fluent speaker of English and Spanish
Excellent English writing skills
Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
A self-starter with a positive “can-do” attitude
Persuasive and professional communication skills.
Knowledge of Argentina would be an advantage.
Deadline for applications; 20 July to Mrs Liz Merchant, firstname.lastname@example.org